Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Vitrification agents in cryonics

This article goes into some detail about the vitrification processes that have been developed.

Vitrification is a technique that is used to minimise ice damage when freezing. This is what companies like Alcor use to cryonically preserve human organs.

I am still not a big fan of cryonics, as there is not even a facility near where I live, there is no guarantee the company can stay afloat, there is not even a guarantee that it would be successful. It is the last option but a pretty poor option at that.

I suppose I would do it if I was able to, but it's not something that is practical for me right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick Potvin said...

Looking for clues to survival? You cannot ignore Larouche... so take a quick look at MY blog entry today...
http://cryonicology.blogspot.com/2008/07/cryonics-greatest-hope-for-each-man.html

Please leave a comment there after thinking it through a bit. Thanks.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Bartleby said...

What's so great about this Larouche guy?

Btw, your blog is horrible to read. I suggest making it more readable.

Anyway, thanks for leaving your comment.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home